Frequently Asked Questions
Frequently Asked Questions
We serve a wide range of medical and behavioral groups from hospitals, urgent care centers, physician groups, MSOs and billing companies to large, national healthcare organizations that sell healthcare products and/or services. To find out more about how we can help you, please contact us.
We work with solo practitioners to large national groups.
We are a U.S.-based, national credentialing group providing services to organizations across all 50 U.S. states.
We offer competitive pricing for our services. Our pricing options include basic, standard and premium service level options. We can also customize our pricing and service offering to meet your specific needs and budget. To find out more about STAT pricing that meets your needs, please contact us.
We do everything but sign the paperwork for you. We can supplement the work your team is already doing or you can outsource 100% of the work to us. Let us grow with you!
As an established, national credentialing group we have policies and procedures in place to help us ensure consistency and quality in the services we deliver. As a company we:
- Uphold the highest of standards;
- Operate within all local, provincial and federal laws, rules, and regulations;
- Do not mislead or make false claims as to our abilities, background or experience; and
- Demonstrate a commitment to providing our clients with the highest quality of service and accuracy.
We take confidentiality seriously by ensuring:
- All information, documents and any written material received virtually, or in hard copy and received directly, or indirectly, will be kept in strict confidence;
- All names and personal information will not be distributed or sold to any other parties;
- All documents and email, both hard copy and electronic, will be properly maintained in a safe and secure environment to prevent theft or damage;
- All materials created electronically will be backed up on-site and a secondary back-up taken off site; and
- All hard copy materials provided by our clients will be returned, or shredded, if requested, after completion of our work.
We send out either monthly or weekly status reports to each of our clients and copy their billing company liaison. These reports include information on everything we are working on for the client (i.e. what is in process, what is completed). The frequency of these reports are sent out is dependent on the service plan selected by the client.
When you are ready to engage STAT we will take you through the following steps:
- Signing of a STAT services agreement;
- Scheduling of a “Kickoff Call” with STAT’s operations team to review, and agree upon, a defined scope of work;
- Working with you to gather information need to begin services; and
- Assigning a dedicated, STAT Medical Staff Coordinator to work with you.
Yes, we can refer you. We have a national network of strategic partners and would be happy to refer you to partners that could assist you with your other needs (e.g. billing, practice consulting or other need).
Yes, we can provide you with testimonials, letters of recommendation and references.
We are told by our clients frequently that we ARE different. Please go to The Difference section of our website – under Why STAT? – to find out why our clients rave about our services. We can, if requested, provide you with a list of references for you to contact. We want you to be confident in our ability to make you ecstatic about our services.
The average timeframe for someone to get enrolled with payors is 90-120 days.
You do not have to contract with STAT for credentialing services to gain access to STATMed. If you already have your own credentialing team, you can simply obtain a license to use STATCred and you can then use the STATCred system to manage your credentialing projects. To learn more, sign up for a STATCred demo.